Recruitment & Outreach Manager
The Position: The Recruitment & Outreach Manager assists with all aspects of the recruitment and selection process to attract and identify the most promising future leaders from all backgrounds to Morehead-Cain and UNC-Chapel Hill. The position reports to the Director of Recruitment & Selection and works closely with the entire Foundation staff to support and strengthen the Morehead-Cain experience. This position will be responsible for contributing to and/or leading projects and processes to support the work of the selections team, including recruiting, evaluating, selecting, and enrolling an extraordinary incoming cohort of scholars annually. We are seeking an individual with a strong customer service orientation and the ability to forge genuine relationships with all Foundation constituents. Experience with database and web management, a facility generating reports and merges, and a willingness to learn new skills is essential. The successful candidate will be expected to work as part of a team, leverage technology, and virtual tools, and effectively prioritize duties to support the goals of Morehead-Cain and the University of North Carolina in enrolling highly qualified, diverse, and inspiring young leaders from across the globe.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate for this position:
- Enjoys working with college-bound students and undergraduates
- Builds long-lasting partnerships with schools and related organizations
- Has deep curiosity about leadership potential and character
- Will have an interest in increasing access to higher education for historically underrepresented groups
- Is solutions-oriented and has strong organizational and process management skills
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills and is detail-oriented.
- Welcomes collaborating with others and embraces a growth mindset
Candidates must be energetic, enthusiastic, and motivated self-starters with excellent relationship-building skills. Experience in college admissions or advising (either in a secondary school or community-based organization) is preferred, and a facility with technology is desired. A bachelor’s degree is required. The job requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to work some evenings and weekends. Travel is occasional but essential. Morehead-Cain is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.